Saturday, January 05, 2008

Been a while, eh?

I will be blogging more. Or at the very least trying harder to blog more.

TRIP HOME: Dissssaster.

At the airport in Indianapolis, my mom played the obvious and evil trick of telling me my flight to Chicago had been cancelled. Moms are funny. But wait, she was serious. The American Airline man said that he would kindly book a hotel for me in Indianapolis and I could catch the flight the next day. But I had already said goodbye to my cats, was packed, and finally emotionally prepared to say bye to my parents. I would have to repeat all of this tomorrow?? No, sir.

So, I cried a bit and they switched me to a Northwest Airlines flight to Detroit, and then a British Airways flight to London.

The BA flight was great! My lovely flight neighbor and I shared London stories over (numerous) bloody Mary's. Customs at Heathrow was a cinch and I was back home at around 2:00 pm.

After lugging my bags all over the London Underground, I felt like I was in the homestretch after carrying my bags up the final flight of stairs to my flat. All these feelings of success drowned as I discovered that maintenance had changed the locks to my flat. Exhausted and grumpy, I left my bags to be stolen and asked for new keys at the front desk. The man decided it would be a fun 'group excursion' for us to find a key together. He tried random keys on a ring, while I stood there dealt with his small talk. Me: "Hey, I have a great idea. I go to sleep. You find my key. I wake up and get it later. Yeah? OK great. Buh bye!"

I fell asleep at approximately 8:00 a.m. the next morning.

NEW YEARS EVE '07-'08 is coming.

No comments: