Monday, October 01, 2007

Egg on yo' face!

I just returned home from the library, where I studied about restriction endonucleases all morning. Who knew there was that much to know? I was quite sure I knew all about them already. And why did I spend all morning studying something that is 1/100th of one of my four classes? Boo.

I didn't go anywhere yesterday. I needed a break from the Tube. Saturday was laundry day, and I spent one hour going five stops only to have the train terminate 3 stops early. A voice over the loudspeaker, presumably the Tube God, said, "The next train south will be departing at platform 2." Me and my fellow commuters ran to the next platform. The train was packed full of people before my short little Polish legs could get near the train. Which as fine, because the train just sat there for 4 minutes. I just stared at all of the squished people, and they stared back. Meanwhile I was carrying all of my dirty clothes, and my flatmate's, too. Then the Tube God said, "Sorry, the next departing southbound train will be departing from platform 1." I had a headstart this time!! So I ran in front of everyone who had been 'lucky' enough to beat me the first time. Everyone had to push their way out of the train before they could make it back over. By then I was cozy with a seat and everything! Then God came over the loud speaker again and said, "My fault, all back to platform 2. Sorry. Again, my fault."

20 min later I was at the correct tube stop. Then 20 minutes on a bus. Then 10 minutes on foot. Not sure if it is worth saving the 7 pounds on laundry. ...

Hoxton sure is a busy place. Last night people were screaming outside my window until about 3 a.m. This is an everyday occurrence. My flatmate Ashley and I bought eggs yesterday at the store. I am not sure how illegal our little plan is... I'll let you know how this goes...

I have some night out photos up. I know how popular those are!
http://picasaweb.google.com/mdmetcal/OutInLondon



Next post: America vs. Europe: The good and the bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chelle,

Learn me bout Restriction Endonucleases. Plee
eeass

Anonymous said...

my formating did not show up on the previous post. :(