Friday, October 12, 2007

Razzmatazz

Last night I had my first cooking lesson. My tutor didn't even know how to turn on the oven either. In the end I was the only one brave enough to stick my head in the oven and hover a lighter around until it lit. Goodbye knuckle hair. Because of my bravery I passed with distinction before I really even started, so I only barely chopped some vegetables and warmed the brie. I preferred this.

After our delicious chicken dinner, Ashley, Richard and I decided to for a dance near Old Street. We didn't want to stay out late, so we thought 'stay close.' After walking 25 minutes in each direction looking for an operating ATM we finally found one 4 blocks away. I took out ten pounds only to have it say 'out of order' just after it spit my card and money out. My friends were livid.

A few minutes later we saw a DJ through the window of a club across the street from my house and decided to check it out. From the outside it was apparent people were dancing, and there were cords dangled across the room with laundry clips on them. Whatever, it was only a 3£ cover....

The bouncer looked through our bags, checked our IDs, charged us our cover and then asked us if we had heard the rules yet. 'There are rules?' He laughed and said, 'Nevermind, you'll really have a good time.' As we walk in there is a huge sign that says 'Swap-o-rama Night.' Crap. What does this mean? Then you look around and see lots of men in dresses. What is this? Look up and you see nothing but clothes flying in each direction over your head. Awesome! Let the clothes swapping begin! I liked all my clothes, so I just picked up something from the ground, it was a really ugly skirt. I put it on (over my jeans and shirt... thank you) and danced for a bit, then this guy was like, 'Trade you that skirt for this dress.' Why not? A few songs later I traded that dress for a sports coat, then that for a much cooler dress shirt, then the shirt for a black bra. After that it is blurry... but at the end of the night I left with a pink chiffon dress, a really neat striped Gilligan hat, and a headband. This is good: Richard got hot, so put his Berkeley sweatshirt in a ball in the corner. And can you imagine, it was gone at 1 when we left? HAHA! He left the club in a very 80s shirt that had orange sunglasses over the chest. And Ashley in a red stretch shirt.

I am going to this swap-a-rama every time it's on!
http://www.timeout.com/london/clubs/events/381928/swap-a-rama_razzmatazz.html
OK. Back to the books!

3 comments:

Lauren Brankle said...

"A small study links the type of bacteria living in people's digestive system to a desire for chocolate. Everyone has a vast community of microbes in their guts. But people who crave daily chocolate show signs of having different colonies of bacteria than people who are immune to chocolate's allure."

This explains so much...

Michelle said...

Wow, it is soo funny you say that after this post.

What I left out was: After we got back, we all ate a german chocolate cheesecake until 2 am.

With forks, no plates. Needless to say I thought of you.

Miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis! Glad you're having fun. Send me an e-mail I don't know yours. metcalft@tampabay.rr.com
Ill get a mic this week so I can talk to ya.
Brother