Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Raging Giraffe

Ok, fine. I'll update.

The weekend: Thursday was covered below.
Friday I worked and then studied all day (from now on shortened to s.a.d.). Then I went to a club called The Sway. We got there at 9.00 p.m. and left at 3.00 a.m., totally forgetting to dance. But, on the up side, my heals lasted all day!
On Saturday, I s.a.d. Then I went sightseeing with some of my 'flatmates.'

Saturday evening I got dropkicked and freefalled into some other London. It all started by going to see the movie Stardust with Tube Guy. (An A movie for an A+ book, by the way!). We then went to celebrate England's World Cup Rugby victory (they actually lost...) in a pub with his friends. His friends were on their way out when we arrived, but they had plans to go to a club called Babushka on the Kings Road in Chelsea (where I stayed last year). There was a line outside the club and I just thought, "Man, I am not up for this." Then his friend James' sister Kitty nodded to the bouncer and all nine of us got in without a wait, or a fee. Fabulous! Then after dancing got old we went to Harry's house. Harry's house is in Battersea and is entirely decorated with original artwork, even some cartoons in the bathroom! Adorable. All of us dancing guests (9 of us ranging from 20-60) were served a 2:30 a.m. midnight snack of toast, scrambled eggs, caviar and champaign. And it actually wasn't that bad! Somewhere in there it was finally time to go the houseboat where James' and his 'dad' (or something) live. It was right on the Thames in Chelsea. It swayed a little and made my drunk tummy feel ick, but it had a great view of the city! Then we all chatted for quite while and viola the tubes were open! I tell you, all British people want to do is have a bit of beer and a nice laugh.

Then I napped and s.a.d. Then I got sick (I think it goes without saying that I did a tad too much this weekend). Then I s.a.d. Monday. On Tuesday I did the whole 5 a.m. wakeup on Tuesday to study for my first exam, which I think went very very well.

Today I caught up on sleep to cure my cold, and I think it is working. --And god, tomorrow is the weekend again. Just lovely!

Michelle

1 comment:

Lauren Brankle said...

I love that the bar was called "Babushka"...I used to wear one of those to sleep every night over my awesome curlers! Go POLISH!! :)

Miss u!