Monday, September 17, 2007

Nothing Compares 2 Prince.

The Artist BLEW away all of my expectations! My seats failed to hold up to my expectations, though. We were in the second to last row. But, after a while we decided we could be more dancy if we took up the last row instead. I think we had more fun than anyone else there. Or, we just drank more than anyone else there. Not that it matters. These are 5 songs that will never be the same:

What A Wonderful World
Purple Rain (of course)
Nothing Compares 2 U
Kiss
Raspberry Beret

My body certainly feels like it spent a night out dancing. But I think I was actually in bed by 1. What a night!

I thought the 02 arena was going to be huge- it is the largest domed arena. But - and this is what is cool about it - the dome actually covers a variety of venues and TONS of bars and restaurants. It's like a world in a tent - very Truman Show-esque. So, in the end our seats were more than close enough to see Prince well!! And we got free CDs!

I didn't take photos though. We went pubbing in my area, but my camera batteries died and I couldn't wait six hours (KIDDING!!!). ;)

Anyway. Prince might be the highlight of the year!!! Yet -so soon!!

In other news, I am over being in London with nothing to do. They give international students SO MUCH TIME! I don't start classes until next Monday. But, I find out my class schedule tomorrow, so at least I can start hitting up the recommended reading lists. I am really antsy to be a student again.

But, for the rest of the week I do have a lot of errands to do. And I also plan to use this time to hit up the museums I missed out last time.

No comments: