Thursday, September 27, 2007

You make me want to activate my oncogenes. (and my first celebrity sighting!)

It was my first week of school, so I think I can be excused for not blogging!

School isn't too intense yet. But, life will be over shortly... They structure classes so strangely here. We don't have a finals week, but a finals month. June. No one talk to me in June. OK, thanks. I take all of these classes (6 total) and take the finals for 2 weeks in June. I get to pick it in the next 2 weeks. (Cross your fingers that I get chlamydia...) I have to read every paper ever about the organism/system and write a project proposoal by December. All with the classes, and with their papers, and their paper bashing, and their poster projects, etc. I just want to get a project I will love (chlamydia) so it will be fun and not work (chlamydia). This weekend I am going to read over all of the labs, then meet with profs next week to discuss (the chlamydia).

I had molecular therapeutics and molecular diagnostics today. Therapeutics is like molecular biology and it's ethical and legislative components all together at once! And the professor keeps class interesting and entertaining, and knows everything! She is like IU's Winkie! I was dreading sitting in class for three (3!!!) hours but it was over before I knew it...

My classmates and I then headed off to diagnostics for another 3 hours of fun-filled-bio-learning! And it was TERRIBLE. The professor cannot do public speaking whatsoever! I feel bad for him, but, dude, you are a professor... I was really surprised because he is youngish and really really nice looking. But, everyone (EVERYONE) was looking around to see if this was serious. If he had to read something from a sheet of paper, he would put it over his face about an inch from his nose. We had a break an hour and a half in and half the class packed up their things and left. My friend and I were laughing outside about the general response from the class (Again, I do feel bad for him, and I wouldn't ever leave, because that is mean...) and one guy asked us if we still had a pulse... At one point the professor said, "I hope you find molecular diagnostics interesting..." The class all started laughing. It was really funny, but I felt really guilty... because I couldn't help but laugh too.

I was going to give this it's own post, but frankly he isn't worth it. You'll see.--- After class I went to Lilywhites (Picidilly Circus) to see if I could get some yoga pants for my 7:00 p.m. pilates class. This is what happened: They took my money. I bought bangles for goddsakes. BANLGES! I will be wearing those stupid bangles in my grave, just out of shame. Anyway, as I was walking by Eros (really famous statue) at P. Circus to go to my gym, I had to sneeze, and so I turn all the way back around (habit - not sure why). I saw a camera, and thought, "Huh, what is being filmed?" Ryan Seacrest. HAHAHAHAHAHA!! I walked right past him and didn't notice. Thank God I sneezed! Then I went to class.

Terry: Where the * are you? E-mail me (mdmetcal@gmail.com) and then get on Yahoo so we can talk.

No comments: