Thursday, September 13, 2007

Orientation is OVER!!! Long post, may be last 'till Monday.

All I have to do next week is do enrollment (all day) on Tuesay, where I will meet my profs, and do tedious administrative things!

Today was really nice. At orientation we didn't play dumb games, we just learned about the school. It is a pretty big school, so there are a lot of long lines and red tape for everything you need to do. Also, no one really cares to help you unless you look like you are about to cry or about to strangle them. It is a lot like IU, and I think I am going to really love it!!! Also, I talked to a microbiology undergraduate student who did the tour and she says all the biology labs are amazing! Wahoo. Ta-ta Jordan Hall 451!

I worked out my student loan issues. The problem (shortened for your attention span): I have to pay X sum of money to live in my dorms for the semester. However, I have to a. get the loan refund from the school. b. put it in my bank in America. c. get it back to the school.... all before my credit card is due!! A few Americans in my position went to ask about this and the guy at the finance office said that the States puts us in this situation, so the University always gives us more time to pay fees because of all the crap the federal goverment does with our money before we can see it. (It comes in 3 installments, so you can never actually pay all of what you need when you need to.) Anyway, this guy made my day!!

Last night insisted Tom and I meet at Holborn station because it is never crowded. Just as I was changing train lines to get there, the line CLOSED!! I had to run to Holborn and the station is PACKED with refugee tube riders- so there is no way to find Tom. After 30 minutes I really started to worry I wouldn't find him, then I look at my phone and Tom left me a message forty minutes earlier saying he will be 30 min late. :)

Then we hit a few pubs, 'watched' the England blow away Russia in soccer, and then managed to stay out late enough to just miss the last tube train. And my night train knowledge is not what it used to be.....

Earlier we went to a convenience store and this old-ish red faced British man looks me in the eye and says, "I am from Summerset." II am from Indiana, I say. "INDIA?!" Noop, sir, Indiana. "Is that in Northern England?" HAHAHAHAHAHA!

OK 2 min left on internet. No time to write e-mails.
KB: Make sure British Mark has my number!!!!
Parents: Call me tonight, .... TONIGHT.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

chelle,

when do you go to bed? i need to know so I can call you when I get home. miss you!

KB

Lauren Brankle said...

Tom, 30 minutes late?...That would NEVER happen!! :) I miss you guys!

Colleen said...

Stop pretending you don't miss JH 451

Anonymous said...

glad you are well, am reading "abundance" story of marie antoinette, hope you have a chance to go to versailles, must be extrodinaire!

csw