Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A sleeping bag and an Underground tunnel...

On Friday I finally received word about my student housing situation. I didn't get it!! Bollocks!! Where does that leave me? Apparently apartment hunting starting moments after my plane lands in a foreign country. Thank God I have an indomitable spirit. ...Right? Somehow I am kind of relieved. Maybe now I can find a place with a washer and dryer. It may also be character building. Clearly, I am pathetically practicing positive thinking. Cross your fingers for me, y'all! At least it should make blogging more interesting for the first few days!

Florida has been great! I've gotten lots of sunshine and lots of time with my grampa. It has also kept my mind off the fact that I'm a soon to be homeless kid in London and given me a smidgen of a tan. Monday was Labor Day and my big bro's birthday. We all went to a club that had 1$ drinks. -- Fabulous! Either the waitress was skimping on my drinks or I am finally in London drinking shape. (Most likely the first explanation.) My sister-in-law and I felt great, but brother and Kris were in b-a-d shape :)

I leave for Indiana tomorrow, for London on Sunday. Next week: I am going to see my boss Tom on Wednesday and Prince on Sunday!!!

Photo: Kris, yours truly, and my brother.

4 comments:

Lauren Brankle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren Brankle said...

I really thought you would have different choices for your "What does Michelle despise most on this planet" quiz....what about born-agains?? I mean really michelle...where was your head when you made this quiz? :) Have fun in London!

Michelle said...

Great Lauren! Now I can never use that in my polls!!

Hope all is well at med school!

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle,

We are anxiously awaiting word of your safe arrival in the Big-City. Tell Stella I say HI!

Kris