Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Too many KBs in the kitchen...

Here are a few things I am decently good at:
Finding my way around.
Sounding like Bob Dylan.
School.
Yo-yo's.

However, there are some things that I am admittedly not good at.
Driving.
Cooking.
Playing pool.
Keeping my shoe-laces tied for any appropriate amount of time.
And cooking.

I planned my first prepared meal in my new kitchen: Store-bought tortellini with sauce, fresh green beans, and ciabbata bread. Not a half bad meal for me....

I cut a slit in the pasta package, pour some water in and put it in the microwave. My friend Ashley gives me hell for not doing things the old-fashioned way (something about a stove and a pot...). I say, "uhhhhh, the package says you can do it like this."

I put a bit of olive oil in the pan, throw in the green beans and wait for them to be edible.... This Chinese girl Tan-Tan asks why I've put it on such low heat. I shrug and turn it up just a little. Then the noises start. Tan-Tan starts ducking. She asks very helfully and politely, "Just what are you trying to do with the beans?" Just cook them, I say.... She turns the heat down to wear I'd swear it had just been and boom they are perfect.

I'm almost finished with dinner and realize I forgot about my bread. I like to eat my pasta on my bread, so I slice it in half, put a bit of pasta sauce on it, throw on some cheese, and put it in the microwave. Ashley says, "What they hell are you trying to do to that bread?"

It tasted good. I wish everyone would just leave me alone to my kitchen!!!

In other news, Ashely really wanted to go to ASDA's (Wal-Mart) today. I take her to one near Battersea (south Thames) where I used to go before. I only knew one way to get there so it was a huge pain. I really hate having to pay for the 2 pound journey to Wembly, and I am still bitter about having to pay twice on Saturday. So after about 30 min on the tube and another 30 on a bus, and 25 min total on foot we're there! ... and I paid 6 dollars for hair styling mousse that would have certainly cost 87 cents at home. Sigh......

Tomorrow I am errand-running and finally taking pictures. And I really have to do laundry. Such boring things!! Then I might go out with my friends to Haymarket to go dancing. Then Friday I am going ice-skating.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I had dime for every time I turned down the heat on the stove when Michelle was cooking....

KB

Michelle said...

sometimes you turned it up....

Anonymous said...

true.

Michelle said...

Plz fax that thing in or I will have Noria EAT YOU!

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

OK CHELLE! I said leave me a message in my inbox so I would not forget. did you do that?

Michelle said...

You rotten slut,

badgered you over and over and thought that would do the trick.

My mistake

Anonymous said...

You should no better than that. I have the short-term memory of a Cornflake.

KRM

Michelle said...

Holy shit, dude.

*NO* better!
I swear. Cornflake only speaks cat and he could construct a better sentence than you.

Michelle said...

I won't delete it.

Anonymous said...

I am utterly embarrassed...I obviously should KNOW better than that.

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way Michelle. The CW4 changed their lineup and Still Standing is only on once a day at 10:30PM

Michelle said...

I had an hour long chat about still standing today.

Bill: Why did I marry for looks instead of money?
Judy: Why did I marry for neither?

Michelle said...

This must stop.

Good night.
GOCUBS!

Anonymous said...

Good Night Michelle! cubs are gonna win today....singing Go Cubs Go!

Lauren Brankle said...

Still Standing is on 6 times a day up here in Chicago...(I love it!) But not like I have any time to watch it....

I LOVE your cooking story. I knew we'd get a good one right away. Pretty soon you'll be back to only eating tofu (blah).

So I was all excited to see that this post had 14 comments...and then I realized it was just a convo between you and Kris...LAME...so I obviously had to add a post and make it more exciting for you! MISS YOU Chellie!!!!! XOXO

Lauren Brankle said...

P.S. I saw the Still Standing episode the other day when Brian loses his virginity...sooo funny!

Michelle said...

Wow, lauren. When I read that I was like, 'I'm gonna drive to Chicago to see Lauren soon.' Then I was like, 'I am a total idiot.'

You are promised many more cooking stories. Frankly, I can't help it.

SS: SIX times a day?? You are so spoiled. Tivo it and watch it after exams. You know like the old days: cookie dough and Coldstones!
Re: PS - Judy was sooo right in that episode. ... wait, that episode as kinda sad!!